Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Baby Nolte up on FTP and other updates...like anybody cares but Shay

albums/scifight/mp3supdated/BabyNolte_2b.mp3

So it's totally not done.  Bass still needs editing and adjusting, vocals have too much reverb and are too loud in spots, and I put a generic compressor on there here at work that boosts the sound and takes the clips down.

On Mike's vocals I applied a hi-pass filter which makes it sound tinny.  I like the effect and what it adds to the music, also helps the vocals sit on to of the mix…but I've heard it a few times so maybe I'm just used to it?  I wasn't sure about the character of his voice, but I think with the megaphone effect it works well now.

Shay sent me a midi track he plugged in for bass on Heavy Horizon.  I messed around with it last night moving bars around and getting excited about the complete creative freedom to manipulate the bass line.  It's not there yet, but once the notes are all synced, I'll toss it over to Don so we can take advantage of his bass software (trillion?).  I'm going to try and get something raunchy.

Shay also sent me a version of CalibosBlues with extra guitar.  I think it helps for sure, but I'm still not cool with the vocals on the track.  I don't like any of them and the drums still sound too plastic to me.  This one doesn't need to make the album.  It could be what is is and lump up with mekanek later on if that even happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment