Monday, June 21, 2010

A bit behind, but fuck it, it's worth it.

Big Machine update:

I'm lagging on these songs.  Thing is, now that these songs are not getting sonically squashed by me, it's a lot easier to work on them and fix them.  I've posted 4 of the songs (due to convenience of having them at work today) up on the FTP for you guys to get a sense of what I'm doing:
in Album1_scifight/BigMachineNoMasterFinals:

piratenomaster2
Noltenomaster2
Maxnomaster3
Lobotnomaster2

  These are the versions I'll be sending to the audio mastering company (in WAV form).  I'll be posting more on the FTP later tonight.  At least 3 more.  The difference you will hear is they are significantly lower in volume, BUT you'll hear everything.  And to me, it sounds like all the frequencies are out in the open meaning if these guys want to punch the kick, it's there, you can hear it, same thing with the bass, guitar everything.  Nothing stands out as annoying or grating.  I have 4 more to go really until I'm done with Smoke in Cali needing the most work.  Maybe this week Don and Mike and I can whoop it up in the studio and add some fun vocals to it and banjo?

After all 12 of these songs are up on the FTP, I'll let you all know and you can give them one last listen.

Album cover still not settled on yet.  Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment