Monday, October 26, 2009

Hardstuff update 10.26.09___iArt and HardArt

What do you guys think about this idea...and tell me if it already exists.

A website that promotes artists and sells prints of their art at high resolution.  Collect comic artists, art school friends, colleagues and studio artists that we liked and make an "itunes" for print where the proceeds go directly to the artist.  Each print would be 1 dollar and each artist could put whatever they want in there.  And artists would be filtered through ME!  I guess what I'm saying is, there are artists for 3d studios whose portfolios I'm sure are beautiful.  Comic artists could put their own characters up as pin ups for sale.  Kids would love it.  Studios could sell prints of trademarked characters there if we wanted to open it up to "select" companies.  Who says everything needs to be in a frame.  Lots of kids just pin shit to their walls or set a desktop pattern or stick it on the fridge with a magnet.

This idea came to me when I was thinking what we could be selling on our Hardstuff website.   In addition to CDs, shirts and stickers I thought hmmm....fucking artwork you idiot.  We are all artists!  If each of us had a little scroll bar with our fat heads next to it making funny faces when you rolled over a particular print, that would be funny as shit.  And it may be a tiny bit o' change in our pockets right up front.  Maybe a burrito a month even!
Anyways that's it for this hour.  I have ideas for the end of the year to have the album done.  "Done" done.  So I'll be bugging you guys about that sooner than later most likely....after I create more pigeon sound effects.  Don't worry Shay...pigeon FX are going into the bumFX playlist as I write.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea, though I'm certain that it must already exist... I know that there are "cheap photography sites" for photographers... For a fee of about 200 per year, they can post their photographs, and people can order custom prints (i.e. black bordered vs. grey bordered, glossy vs. matte print, custom size, etc.).

    But I don't know of a site for artists, exclusively for art... You'd be doing, effectively, social networking for artists exclusively. Which is well wicked.
    PG

    ReplyDelete