Monday, November 30, 2009

hardstuff update 11.30.09

So this is a short one today.  Don, Mike and I got to know "Get to Know Me" with a little help from Don's cron and sort of worked out the chord structure this last weekend.  Don rewrote the lyrics to make it a song that will probably offend every woman who does not live in a trailer or double wide, so I proposed two versions of the lyrics.  A radio version and a dickhead bastard version.  I see the song as potentially being a country/comedy cross-over hit, but I'm not going to be a McCartney and start micro-managing shit.  Always been a Lennon fan, but I see myself more as Paul.

I took the initiative and rerecorded some bass to hulk to fix up some of the missed strokes and am in the process of taking the whole song apart and putting it back together again.  Actually I think I can do this myself now without outside help.  After mixing polyester pirate and reworking prep to scream I think I know what top do...but I always say that.  I can get the songs damn close to where I want them and if I'm still not happy, well, there'll be time in the end for somebody to come in and give em a once over.  And there are people in place to do so.

Mike proposed a release date of March 1st.  I think this is a fair due date to get a website up, finish the last few songs, album art and jacket, credits, yadda yadda.

Ideally Baby Nolte, Smok in Cali, RFBG and Mekanek will be on the album but I'm not holding my hit...

3 comments:

  1. -Who's doing the album art?
    -Who's doing the download art (if you want to make them available as individual MP3s)?
    -Who's doing all the other art?

    Also, since I have zero musical contribution to this record, I think I should get a track called "January 2010 fartz." I'll just record at least a fart a day for the entire month, then we can string them together. So my credits in the album would read:

    Daily January Flatulent for 2010: P.G.

    I want that motherfucking credit dawg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll practice rfbg tomorrow before I come over. I quit drinking for awhile like daonald. I wanna feel good and energized for a change. This does'nt sound rock bandish but perhaps we should have some tea or coffee intead of beer. Plenty of herb though of course.
    -M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be a bitter guy, but regarding "Get To Know Me"... remember "my girlfriend is chub"? that got axed because it was, by your def, offensive to women (and, yes, possibly annoyingly repetitive). this is no time to lax on standards. please think twice on following though on something just because you made it (maybe save it for another release? you can get double offensive by throwing blacksplatters in with it). please, have some critical objective thoughts before committing. "does this track FIT the hardstuff album?"

    I see myself more as a George with some John.

    I have no qualms with the bass track on Hulk as is. actually i feel its kind of In Character with tune... kinda scrappy, yet rockin'. although, if it doesnt offend Mike or anyone else, i am all for tightening up tracks whenever possible.

    As for Polyester Pirate, where the Belly Slap at, seadawg?

    March 1st is fine by me. although, i would like to coincide it with a flight out to SF so i can celebrate with y'all in person. It would be nice for people to consider running this kind of info by me first, as my availability is probably more tedious to schedule than all a yours. maybe Pete and i can fly out together or something. maybe we should finish the mixes then decide when to celebrate the release?

    As for my end of things...

    I listened to the latest ver. of Calibos Blues and i like where that is sitting. I do have some thoughts on the background vocals, i think some of the "echos" can be pulled out here and there... and changed into overdubs instead. I would like to contribute some back vocals and electric guitar accompaniment if possible. this might possibly result is opening up the body a little. donno

    What about SK84LIF? how is that coming along? last i heard Don was getting a crack at that? I feel we can broaden the vocal range with some backing vocals and overdubs, and possible a 2nd guitar here and there. the bass could use some boost and fx in areas, and one little drum track measure can be pulled out. also, some skate fx and samples would enhance the track.

    What about stringfellow Hawk? any luck with that? i feel that some redub of the opening lyrics can be made and even expanded if possible. maybe this is something Don might be up for? or Mike? also, almost all the keys need to be scrapped and redesigned into a synth bass and accent track.

    I broke up automatauntaun into its loops and need to examine the lyric notes in depth and expand on them and arrange the loops accordingly. if anyone is interested in giving it a crack, i could post the loops for you.

    Greg, please export the drum track for meckaneck for me so i might give it a second go over on guitar, maybe? also, the tempo info.

    Also, no one (you know who you arent) commented or even acknowledged my efforts and additions to "Who gonna be your Holmes (tonight)". Thanks guys. way to make me feel like im being ignored and a time waster.

    I am totally excited about where we are with the recordings and mixes. you have all put so much effort into this, i am very proud of what we have accomplished so far.

    I hope i didnt offend anyone... just being direct in conveying my thoughts.

    S

    ReplyDelete