Tuesday, December 1, 2009

feedback to the feedback

Hey it's December and I'm not dead!

Funny, short posts...lots of feedback.  Here's my feedback to the feedback.

I guess I'm pretty tired of having back fat...so I'll stop drinking too.  Probably take care of the tobacco issue as well that seems to be resurfacing.

Peter...start practicing now.  I'm not sure I want to play around with your farts with headphones on so maybe I'll just let you make your own beats for that.  But please do it!  We'll put it right in the intro!  I'm kidding Shay.

If no one else wants to do the art. I'll gather some shit I like and put it together.  The stuff that Shay did for the myspace site or Mike's little what nots I'll gather and ask for hi res if you got it. I'd like to get a band shot but not sure if we're going to see Shay anytime soon.

I'd also like to make the flash board game interactive.  If somebody can think of a better ending to that game then dope.  But no bongs.  Maybe landing in the arms of a really fat bald guy?  Also if we can fit more song refs in there the better.  Peter do you know Flash?

Get To Know Me, Black Splatters, Mindbender, Blacksplatters, holmes, war pigs, Mankid, Hauntaun vs. Fiddy centaur, Creeper, JiggleOns, blow the earth apart, wasted devil...all songs NOT going on the first album.
 I'm trying to round this bitch out and get some different sounding tracks on here but still gunning for the original set list.  I love getting feedback on this shit but I never said... you know what, check out the previous posts and you'll see what's on the album.  And after that, feel bad about attacking my ass for shit I'm not doing.  I think way more than twice about everything.  That's my problem.  I never "lax" my standards. 
I'm sticking exactly to what I said.  I do remember My Girlfriends Chub.  It was not a good song...and repetitive?  Come on, that lyric stuck and creeped out my brain for like 6 months.  Lyrically it was not good, but sonically it would've sounded right on the album mostly because you wrote it.  It was kind of a song where in it's delivery seemed offensive in a very real way.  With Get to know Me, I think it's beyond quite obvious that it's a joke...granted and still holding onto my initial claim, I don't really want to do a shit fuck bastard raunchy version.  Change "pussy" to "booty" and i think it's pretty pc.  Now Get you Jiggle On is totally not pc, but I love it.

Album 2 is kind of a free for all at the moment and all the extra songs are getting lumped into "it" but by no means do we have a clear plan.  I'm not turning my hobby into an office job though, so we're going to continue working on and coming up with new shit despite deadlines.   We haven't even talked about who's got the right to what songs or direction really.  Each one could be it's own thing too.  And speaking of deadlines, didn't I just mention it on the update?  If you don't like the date, then lets all talk.  That's why I brought it up.  That's why I set up the update so we could all communicate better.  It not like we're having crazy due date discussions without you Shay.  I think on a semi healthy tip, your presence is always in the studio because we hear you through headphones every week.  I'm just trying to tie it all together and give myself a timeframe.

Sk8 for Life, well I'm sort of happy with that track after the sonic boost in logic (not up). but if Don wants to get on, shit he's a skater so, yeah I can totally see that ending up better with some extra love.

Personally I think about 70 to 80% of the guitar work you did on Holmes can be used if mixed in a bit.  I like the loneliness of that track as it is, but I also like some of the guitar work you did.  The backing vocals are off and take away from the vibe.  I still want Mike to redo those vocals too if we can't get rid of the pops.  I know Don listened to your version of it with me in the studio and he's thinking about what I'm thinking.  Can't speak for everybody else.  Everybody else?  How about the shitloads of updates and changes I've made this whole fucking year?  I don't hear comments back for every version.  Hours and hours.  So what?  Get used to it.  When the thing is done, we'll all buy super nice headphones and drink tea together and giggle.

In regards to Hulk, I listened to the bass track by itself and it's really bad in spots.
Just some fixups.  And Mike himself said the bass on that needed to be fiddled with.  Too muddy he says.

I'll get you mekanek Shay.  It's buried in a zipped file on a backup drive.  I should have time tomorrow.    Even when Mike and Don were over, Tana was out of town so my attention was mostly on Jade.
All in all, yeah, I'm happy with it all. I'm even happy with Smoke in Cali and I think we'll be able to punch that shit out really quick.

Finally, and on a personal note Tana's going through a bit of a mid life crisis.  I guess I'm happy I'm already in the final phases of mine so I can sort through this on semi-steady feet.  I'm spending a lot more time with Jade in the evenings and less time jerking off to the compressor plug-in in logic.  Still a lot of work to do but hell if we aint gonna make it now.


Whenever there’s dancing and poetry together, that's a neon flag for my ass to run away.
g

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear its Dec. and youre still alvie and kicking. tobacco is bad! get rid of it!

    I hear ya. i know i dont always comment on your sendups (critically), though i do often send you a quick email that i got it, or what not (well, at least half the time anyway).

    I know life has its priorities. i know this project should be listed as a medium priority. no need to kill yourself producing this thing. i know i have little time as is to contribute and can expect you are all feeling the same.

    I would be happy to discuss the "release" once all tracks have been mixed at least once.

    I have read all the blogs, but sometimes theyre so rich with info, i can't keep it all straight.

    Tell Tana that i say she is awesome, and i hope her MLC is short and resloved with the best results. I was very happy to hear her voice on warpigs. i thought it might be fun if we all had a verse in warpigs, like we are the world style. funny thought.

    take your time on the mickaneck. i think i will have a few days over xmas vaca to work on some music... warpigs, meckaneck, sk84lif and maybe calobos blues.

    anyway, i know my comments were a bit short on tact, maybe, but its cause i care and feel helpless, being so far away. I MISS YOU GUYS So MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know Flash. But, Greg (or anybody else), if you want to unload any of the "sorting it out" work to me, I am happy to be the "central ass" (that was an old job title of mine, actually.)
    I feel a bit odd here because it feels like the music in this whole situation belongs to all of the rest of you, so I don't want to step on that shit. Yes, I'll continue to record my own farts, but only so I can continue to develop my iFart application for iPhone marketing in Germany.

    Though: I do have my Alesis drum kit sitting behind my ass as I type, and if that can serve all or any of you, just lemme know. Greg, also don't forget that one day we'll move my west coast kit into your posession.

    Mahalo - PG

    ReplyDelete