Monday, March 29, 2010

  Mike, Don and I went camping this weekend.  Man, we smoked a lot of pot.  The place was beautiful.  On the way there we went over the second and third album and talked about changes and additions to each song.

On the way back, Don and I went over the 1st album, the main set of songs, and did the same.  Lots of fixes need to happen, but I knew that.  It's good to have a clear understanding of what needs to change to make the music sound better…and Don to jot down ideas and bounce thoughts with.  We now have that info.  I hope to encourage both Shay and Mike to go over the set list and write down for each song anything you hear needs to change.  Or additions…samples…get creative.  Think simple, stuff that's easy to put in, take out.  Then we can throw all the notes together and see start fixing stuff.

All in all there's going to be over 40 songs over 3 albums.  1st one out of course is the originals.   Then we'll be changing pace and going with the more hip-hop/dance stuff.  There's roughly 13 songs or so that can work on this.

(Don, lets remember zombie shuffle)

There's a serious itch to play live, but I just don't see the dedication from any of us it takes to form a set of new songs, master playing them, and set up gigs.  But I'd like to.  And I think Don needs to be on stage at some point in his life before his knee blows out completely.  There are some songs that we could perform from jams we've done.  But that's only like 4 or 5 tunes with a lot of work.

Shay, we all missed you this weekend.  I poured some whiskey on the fire for you bud. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for noticing and acknowledging my absence, bud. I wish i could have tagged along with you three.

    ReplyDelete