Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nolte is still giving me shit.

Sorry about the Nolte guys.  It's getting there.  Funny how editing music really mirrors my view on life right now.  If the recording sucks, I cut the parts out that are useful, toss the rest and forget about it.  Why hold onto shit that sucks?  Shit you don't need.  Clutter.

However, getting back to Nolte, the more I add shit into this, the more it gets away from the original rocking simplicity of it.  Can't hear the bass so much with 5 guitars.  So tonight I'm going to get a rough cut done with Shay's guitars, my guitars, Shay's extra vocals, Don's extra vocals and my keys.  All of these in very limited amounts because that's what sounds less messy.  K.I.S. fellas.  Then we can compare versions.  Nolte loaded or not loaded.  It only seems right that "Nolte" be "loaded" I guess, but we all should decide.  I'm the one that listens to it 20 times a day.

My plan is to have nolte edited by the 30th.  That will be the album's first pass.      Then I'll need help exporting tracks from garageband into Logic.  Probably help won't happen.  May get Erika to help me?  Once this is done, mastering and samples/overdubs will be a lot easier.  Not easy, but easier.  My plan is to have the first sweep of mastering done by the 15th and the album done by June 15th.

I think it can happen unless my dates with Vanessa start picking up.  WooHoo.  Last night was very pleasant for ol Greg.  No sexy sex, but we definitely like each other a lot.  And the future is uncertain and complicated, but I'm getting the idea that there's a wonderful world to explore out there with other people and life can be less stressful.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment