Thursday, April 29, 2010

Album critique time!!! Rip it up.

I think Don drank Black Willy’s Washboard Liquor.  Great for vocals, horrible on the liver.

I cut a bunch of stuff out of the extra guitar and key tracks and like I said, it’s what I could do with what was left.  I didn’t put Shay’s backing vocals in there, didn’t get to it.  As it was, I had issues with Shay’s guitar tracks because I didn’t have the patience to turn them to mono once I realized he bounced with pre-existing panning and volume adjustment.  Made it a bit difficult, not the worst.

So at this point I am gathering the feedback from everybody into a main doc.  This is it guys.  The Album.  I took all the old versions out of the scifight mp3s updated folder on the FTP (nolte stripped exception).

Album Review time:

***I need a list of corrections and a constructive critique for each song.  Not so hard really right?  If something doesn’t sound right, note the time and where in the song it’s not jiving.  If it’s aloover, specify instrument or frequency (too much bass, highs too high)

*** Please make sure you all have the most current versions.

*** also I need album order from all ya’ll.  (mostly Mike and Shay) Keep in mind the way a song starts, ends, potential samples, and samples that may be overkill.  For example, I don’t think Zartan needs a sample in the beginning.  Does it need one at all?  A few of the songs start off with just bass guitar.  I would like to avoid grouping these.

Gooooooooooooooo!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment