Monday, May 24, 2010

Progress and the white towel

I had a bit of time this weekend to do some editing.  I think we're still good for mid june release for the first album.

I didn't hear hardly any feedback on the album as a whole as I'm sure you guys are all sick of it by now.  Me too!  No, not really.  BUT…I can't keep putting hours into editing this shit to no avail.  I think I really got something, then listen to it the next day and don't know what I was thinking.

SO I'm going to finish up my final sweep of the songs, take off the compression and limiting and send it off to an online mastering service.  It's going to be around 200.00 bucks.  That's not much considering the amount of time it would take me to learn this "black art"  as I've heard it called.  They'll take the tracks, polish em up and that will be that.  Pretty much they will add more punch, crisps and body to the music also making it more cohesive across the playlist balancing out the volume.

So it sounds like we're going with "Big Machine" for the album name.  Any objections?  Good.

Lets all work on an album cover.  Pretty sure Mike wanted to go kinda serious with the illustration.  I was thinking black and white messy illustration.  I think Shay was thinking some huge robot thing…they all sound good to me.  Lets get em up.

Downloaded a cd insert template from online, got the liner notes pretty well laid out.

Questions:

• Put the lyrics in the leaflet or post them on a website?  And why?

• I'm making shirts too.  Black cloth with white text on the front middle, our fake intergalactic tour dates on the back.  Objections?

• who do you guys want to thank?  Nobody?


On the studio side of things I hooked up the 8 track to the PA in a way we can record live just by pulling up a template in Logic on the laptop.

4 mics on the set.  1 on the guitar amp, 1 straight from the PA output for live singing, 1 room mic that can pick up anything, 1 left over for bass or whatever.  Stoked.  Tested it out, got the drums sounding nice and new in the recording.  So that's cool right?  Now I just need a fucking band.

No comments:

Post a Comment