Thursday, June 10, 2010

Close to send off.

Things are going well in the land of music.  Slow, but well.  I'm writing songs again on the acoustic, which is strange but rewarding.

More over, I hear that Shay and Peter both are going to be in SF area around the 17th/18th of august.  If you guys need to crash at my place, feel free, I'll set you both up.

I'm saying this is the time to have the album release party.  It'll be done this month most likely.  Working on my first pass of corrections to the new tracks.  3 down, 9 to go.  They sound a lot lower in overall volume, but you can hear everything.  So I'm working on this and then off to the mastering professionals where they'll get sonic love and boosting hopefully using analog hardware.  This should take a couple more days to get through the editing and a week to process.  Think I'm still hitting my mark for the 15th of June to wrap up my side of things on the tracks.  Which will be awesome to get all that shit off my multiple hard drives.

I'll be posting the finals that will be going out for final mastering on the ftp probably early next week.  I'll need you guys to run through these versions with a critical ear.  They are different, there are samples and everything sounds a bit different.  These versions as I said will not be the final versions, but they are the ones going out to get shiny and professional (so they say).  So once I send em in, I don't want to hear any feedback.  They will be done, I will be done and moving on.

Shay, the money you gave me for the car will be going toward the album production and/or shirt printing.  Just so you know.  Everything else is on me except CD printing and packaging.  This may be pricey, but I'm looking into it.  I might just make a few for our 3 fans and loved ones and set up a download site for others to grab it. I'd love to be able to sell it but how online?

Mike's working on an album cover, I will too.  Shay sent one in.  It's funny and the theme is good but it needs some love.  Mine, I suck and I haven't come up with anything I like, but I'm still going to give it a shot.

wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment