Friday, July 30, 2010

CD wrap up

So here's the scoop.  Album music is on the way to done.  Final final adjustments have been made by me including pulling the mind curdling scream down in the end of "prep to scream".  Erika gets back from LA next week.  My side is done, notes written up for her and WAV CD ready for burning to take to her school for final processing.  Hopefully she'll be able to hammer out the last changes a few days before Shay gets here so I can send the whole thing in for duplication in time.

I just got off the phone with the CD duplication guy I found online.  We settled on a price of 390.00 for 300 CDs.

• Plastic jewel case (sorry Don)
• four panel insert. So the paper thingy that goes into the front of the CD will be basically a long strip of paper folded in half.  This gives us four square panels to fill up.  I've mocked up the album cover.  Still playing with "prepare to scream" font.  But that's the album name.  I'm done thinking and asking about it, and I'm pretty happy with it.  It looks like a bit like a comic book in CD format.

• CD tray will be clear plastic.  In addition to the front insert there is a "tray" insert.  This is what shows on the back on the CD and also what will show through the clear plastic when you pull the CD out of the tray.

• CD will be silver with black graphic tracklist, bandname and album name

Anybody who has time to work on this is free to.  I'll be working on the cover this weekend, then moving on to other stuff.  I put the template files on the FTP in a root folder called: AlbumArt:
InsideTrayInsert
OutsideTrayInsert
HS_4panel
other Hardstuff stuff is in there too.

Don, you mentioned you did a collage of studio and instrument shots.  I'd love to give you a few more to integrate into the collage and propose a delivery dat of middle of next week to get it to me so I can pop it in there.

Looks like we get 100 stickers for 5 bucks extra and 100 color posters (size 11-17) for free!  Lets spend some time thinking about what we want on those and get it done yawl!

Also I set up a new blog for the band as a landing base of info for anybody interested.  Doesn't look like there's room for lyrics on the CD, but we can post them on the site and offer more stuff there as well.

here's the url.  Nothing there yet:
http://thehardstuffmusic.blogspot.com/

Finally, we need to think about "thanks".  Lets stuff em all together and say "the hardstuff would like to thank…"

Send me a list of who you want to thank and I'll pop them in there.


g

No comments:

Post a Comment